We're always searching for awesome people to join our awesome team here at KLADO. If you'd like to join in on all the fun, be sure to check out our open positions and apply!
First Impression Officer (FIO)
As the First Impression Officer (FIO), you will be an integral part of the KLADO team, through the face‐to‐face customer interaction, at our Hamilton Park store located at 232.5 Pavonia Avenue, Jersey City NJ 07302. You will report to the KLADO founder and will be empowered to make your own decisions that create the best experience for our customers.
You will be responsible for crafting thoughtful and personalized experiences for our customers from greeting them, explaining what is a brigadeiro and its origin, walking them through the various flavors and options, offering suggestions, creating their boxes with the requested flavors and ending their experience at the checkout, which includes taking payment through the POS system and if applicable, enrolling them in KLADO’s passport program.
We encourage our team members to be well-rounded team players, willing to get their hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep the store running smoothly! No matter what position you start in with us, you will have the opportunity to be cross-trained from retail to production and will be tasked with taking on different positions within our team, if interested.
- Open store as per designated store hours.
- Maintain cleanliness of the store, including wiping down all shelves and counters, sweeping the floor, cleaning the window and door, take out trash, disinfect tables and chairs.
- Weather permitting, take in and out “open” sign and bistro table and chairs.
- Build and restock boxes, beverages, insert cards, to-go bags, etc
- Keep displays orderly and clean.
- Turn on/off digital menu and update accordingly to in-store flavors.
- Notify management when stock is low on a brigadeiro flavor, and any other accompanying product.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of our changing menu to effectively communicate flavor names, flavor composition and ingredients to guests.
- Ensure all products meets food safety and quality standards, eliminating cross-contamination from outside food and beverages.
- Maintain knowledge of critical dietary information and demonstrate proper food handling.
- Set up and break down window display.
- Operate POS register to complete customer transactions.
- Greet guests, guide the customer journey, resolve guest issues and properly inform guests of cashless transactions and how our online ordering option works.
- May involve lifting items up to 25lbs.
- Assist with KLADO social media management.
- Monitor POS notifications for online in-store ordering.
- Fulfill in-store pick-up orders, including modifying order status on POS and have the order ready by designated customers pick-up time.
- Energetic and charismatic
- Excellent and collaborative communication skills
- A knack for delivering personable customer service and a desire to make connections with guests everyday
- A team player with a positive can-do attitude
- Quick and adaptable learner
- Adept at social media, including content creation and posting for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Previous customer service experience in retail, food, restaurants, etc.
- Conversational in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Passion for travel and all things sweet
KLADO provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.